THE RESIDENCE OF
When is The Residence the Right Choice?
Arbor Hospice is committed to honoring a patient’s goal to remain in their home while receiving hospice care. However, there may be times when more extensive medical support and attention is needed. For those times, The Residence of Arbor Hospice is there for you and your family, offering short-term in-patient care in a comfortable, supportive environment to manage pain and symptoms to help get you back to the comfort of your own home.
As soon you arrive, a team of hospice experts at The Residence will develop an individualized plan of care, working directly with you and your family. The immediate focus will be to control and stabilize your acute pain and symptoms. Together, you and the team set goals to help you become the most comfortable, return home and avoid unnecessary emergency room visits or hospital stays.
The Residence of Arbor Hospice may also be an appropriate choice if any of these circumstances make other arrangements too challenging:
- You need around-the-clock care
- Your needs are too difficult for a non-medical person to handle with confidence
- Pain or other symptoms are not manageable at home
- Your home is not suitable or can’t be adapted to meet special medical needs
- Your family caregiver is unable to provide necessary care
What Services are Provided at The Residence?
Life at The Residence is centered on the needs and wishes of our patients. That’s why you’ll find everything focused on making patients feel comfortable and cared for, from the attentiveness of our expert staff to our warm and inviting surroundings.
Exceptional medical care:
- Registered nurses are on duty around the clock
- Hospice physicians evaluate patients on a regular basis
- Aides assist with personal care and daily activities
Emotional and spiritual support:
- Social workers and chaplains provide counseling for patients and their families
- Specially trained volunteers are on hand for companionship – to read, visit, engage in social activities, or just to listen
What Accommodations Does The Residence Offer?
Among many comforts and conveniences, The Residence of Arbor Hospice features:
- Attractively furnished private rooms with comfortable furniture the family can rearrange as needed
- Mini-fridge, phone, flat screen TV, DVD player and Wi-Fi in rooms
- “Room service” style meal plans with freshly made soup every day
- Daily afternoon tea cart and cookie service
- Convenient family room with kitchenette and piano for personal time
- Laundry facilities
- Children’s room, including DVD player, to provide a fun and safe place for visiting children