QUALITY OF LIFE
Whether it is a lift chair, fuel for a propane tank, weighted silverware for a patient suffering from Parkinson’s, or an echo harmonica, the Quality of Life fund helps to provide simple, yet meaningful ways to support patients and families at a time when they need that extra tenderness and compassion. This program is designed to help address non-recurring, unmet needs by covering the cost of items or services that may significantly enhance quality of life and ensure peace and comfort for the patient, the caregiver, and the family. Every donation to the Quality of Life fund, large or small, truly makes a meaningful difference.
Quality of Life funds exist to provide items that make a difference, including:
- Meeting basic needs, including food, food supplements, or clothing, groceries, sheets and bedding, sheet protectors, and lift chairs
- Covering housing needs, including cleaning services, extermination of pests or rodents, paying small utility bills
- Enhancing patient safety by providing medicine monitors, medicine safes, toilet seat safety handles, raised toilet seats, video monitors, bedside fall alarm mats, pill splitters, wheelchair seatbelts, bud bug treatments
- Managing emergency transportation needs, including automobile repair expenses, the purchase of gas cards to help family members travel to visit the patient, covering travel expenses for visits at end of life when other funds are not available
- Purchasing items that enhance both the physical and emotional quality of life including bird/animal feeders, family photos, bath/shower chairs, craft supplies, items to honor veterans’ service, and celebration supplies, fans for patients without air conditioning, video games, heartbeat recorders, remembrance jewelry, and hand mold kits