We would love to have you consider joining our volunteer team. Arbor Hospice offers volunteer opportunities in Washtenaw, Livingston, Western Wayne, Lenawee and Jackson counties.
After you’ve submitted the form, a volunteer program coordinator will contact you and provide additional information about available volunteer opportunities, training dates and locations, and next steps.
If you prefer to speak with us before applying, please call Alana Knoppow, Volunteer Program Manager at 248-303-6818 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General topics covered during volunteer training include:
- Introduction to hospice and palliative care
- Active listening and ways to improve communication
- Protection of patient/family rights, including confidentiality
- Knowledge of advance directives and powers of attorney
- Respecting cultural differences
- Physiological, psychosocial and spiritual aspects of end of live care
- The healing process